|Home Page | Youth Page | Bible School Page| Pictures | 50th Anniverary Pictures | Weekday Nursery School | About Us | Activities | Contact Us ||
Who We Are
St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
Adult and Family Ministries
In early 1958
a small group of dedicated Christians, unhappy with a
conflict in their
began meeting for worship and study in each other’s homes.
even the largest of their houses and moved into a two-car
John and Orpha Anderson. They soon organized into a church
the “Flatwoods Chapel.” Not wanting to be just another
began interviewing denominational representatives, hoping
to find a
home in the
larger church. In October 1958, the Flatwoods Chapel
became The St.
Presbyterian Church with 60 charter members.
With the help of their new Presbyterian partners, St. Andrew acquired a five-acre parcel adjacent to the original “Flatwoods Chapel” and, in 1959, ground was broken for the first phase of their building. What is now the Education Building was dedicated in 1960. Growth continued and in 1967 work began on a new sanctuary and fellowship hall. The beautiful facilities we now enjoy were dedicated in 1969.
From our humble beginnings more than forty years ago, the St. Andrew Presbyterian Church has grown to become an integral and vital part of our community. Through worship, study and service we seek to be faithful to our calling as Disciples of the Risen Lord Jesus Christ.
Our worship together enriches all who participate through preaching, prayer and praise. Our music program offers opportunities for youth and adults to share and develop their gifts in vocal and hand bell choirs and instrumental ensembles. Special services at Christmas and Easter are eagerly anticipated by everyone.
A complete Christian Education program provides opportunities for all ages to learn about their faith through Sunday School, small group Bible studies and Destination: St. Andrew – an evening gathering that includes a family dinner hour, classes for kids and adult Bible Study. The St. Andrew Weekday Nursery School has provided a quality Christian pre-school for the youngest members of the community for more than twenty years. We are proud of the fact that we have children in our Nursery School whose parents attended Kindergarten at St Andrew!
While the Nursery School is our oldest and best-known outreach, our ministry to the larger community involves programs and organizations for people at all stages and in all walks of life. We sponsor a full range of Scout troops for boys and girls and are proud the large number of Eagle Scouts that have "come up through the ranks" at St. Andrew. Our building is home to many community organizations and we are one of the founding member churches of the Lower Elk River Ministry Association. The LERMA Food Pantry and Clothes Closet provide assistance to those in need.
And what of the future? Our community continues to grow and St. Andrew is poised to grow right along with it. We take our faith and it's call to service seriously, and we have a great time together doing it! We hope that you will join with us in worship, study and service, to the Glory of God in the name of Jesus, our Lord!
Hand Bell Choirs
Wednesday St. Andrew Bible Study
Vacation Bible School
Small Group Bible Studies
Weekday Nursery School
Pre-School for children ages 2, 3 and 4
Friends of Bluestone
A fundraising ministry for Bluestone Camp and Retreat
The Molly Gant Scholarship Fund
Scouting for Boys and Girls of all Ages
Lower Elk River Ministry Association:
Food pantry, Clothing Closet and Community Worship Services
including Thanksgiving, Easter and High School Baccalaureate
Open Arms Foundation:
Missionaries Bill & Wanda Perrow,
Ministry with Street Children in Medellin, Columbia
Davis-Stuart Children’s Home
Caring for troubles teens
Presbyterian Hunger Relief Program
Every Saturday 7:30 p.m.